Thursday, January 24, 2013

Week 3 - Reflection # 2 - Delicious!!!



You might be wondering: “Using Cooking techniques & Recipes for teaching English?" "What a good and TASTY idea!” In fact, it is possible and there are many free activities related to this topic. (Food & Recipes)
However, DELICIOUS is a something very different from “a highly pleasant to the taste”. I love Italian food so that I posted a picture of my favorite Italian dish “Lasagna” in order to whet your appetite and curiosity about this great web tool.



What is DELICIOUS?
Delicious (formerly del.icio.us) is a social bookmarking web service for storing, sharing, and discovering web bookmarks. The site was founded by Joshua Schachter in 2003 and acquired by Yahoo! in 2005. By the end of 2008, the service claimed more than 5.3 million users and 180 million unique bookmarked URLs. The site was sold to AVOS Systems on April 27, 2011 and relaunched in a "back to beta" state on September 27 that year. (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
And the BEST THING about DELICIOUS is that this fantastic web service is FREE and EASY to use. Besides, you can create “tags” to categorize your favorite websites and share your links with your followers. This way you are able to have access to your bookmarks wherever you are and need to do research about any topics.  


Related Links:

3 comments:

  1. Dear Juan,

    I am beyond impressed by your presentation of the social bookmark site Delicious. You know what I was a bit startled when I came to learn that there is a site by such a name. I have been wondering as well as how such site take the name of something we commonly use as a compliment of tasy dishes. Surprizing isn't it? But it seems you have carried out a reserach to that area that I can now understand it formed some URL:"del.icio.us", a sort of abbrevation I presume. I still have much to learn from this site you, for instance mentioned of tags, I don't understand now. But you know what this course is helping us experience something new every time. All our weeks come with bounty surpruises and new perspectives each day. To speak of my self, for instance, my understanding of the web was very limited.But now thanks to this course I come to learn a number of sites to turn to for some purpose.Not to forget, You have actually managed to whet my appetite, I could feel my mouth watering when I saw the picture you posted in there.Wow isn't it delicious?

    Bast Regards,

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Daniel
      Thanks for your comments and well you are right... At first I didn't get the idea of what DELICIOUS was about. The name doesn't give you any clue about the kind of information or things people are able to do on this website. But honestly I really liked it. I am a very frequent internet user and I had a bunch of websites that I had saved for months in my browser's list of favorite links. However, DELICIOUS helped me organize these links by using TAGS. So from now on I will be able to increase my collection of favorite websites and keep them well-organized.
      The second related link that I posted here is a friendly DELICIOUS tutorial. I am sure it will help understand better how to use this great tool.

      Sincerely,

      JC

      Delete
  2. Hello Juan!
    I'd like to congratulate you for your blog.I really like the design that you chose. It's clear and nice to read. And talking about nice things,what about the Delicious.com.? I liked it a lot, and the best part as you mentioned is that it's free and it's simple to use. In our job, things like that makes our life easier and we can save our precious time.

    All the best,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete